Monday, November 5, 2007

Access has returned

How to describe the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.):

Take a chiropractor, a massage therapist, a physical therapist and a Medical Doctor and combine them into one and that would pretty much be equal to an Osteopathic doctor. This also means that in the 4 years of medical school, he has a LOT of information to study.

So Brett had two major tests this week, his OMM (Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine) test and his 6 hour long fundamentals and doctoring test which covers anatomy, biochemistry, histology, pharmacology, pathology, and doctoring ( OMM theory, Dr. / pt. protocol, exams). So needless to say that he has been studying like crazy. With that, he has taken over the office and I have not been allowed in here so he can concentrate.

On Sunday, he had to practice for his OMM test that he took on Monday. So with me being here now, he was able to use me as the patient. I got to experience things such as the "liver quiver", the "spleen pump", "thoracic diaphragm release", "thoracic pump" and the all time favorite "abdominal pump" (I just ate dinner). Yes I now have wonderfully working body parts...but Brett said that there was nothing wrong with them before, but they might just work better now that they have been pumped or cleaned out so to say. It is going to be a very interesting few years for me.

So I finally got access to my computer tonight. YAY. so much to update you on. I know I know it has only been like 3 days, but I just have so much going on in our lives...right now that is.

So here are a few pictures of Chloe helping Brett study. She is going to be one smart kid with all the studying that she does with Brett. Her nighttime stories with Brett include but are not limited to all of his medical books and lecture notes.




Lets hope he does well on his tests!

No comments: