Thursday, January 24, 2008

Winter Gala

The evening started off with another session of rock band. This time we were not booted off the stage! Brett did drums, I did vocals, and Cliff played the guitar. This is a really fun activity.










So we got all dressed up for the big dance / gala. It was a 007 James Bond theme. Some of the guys dressed up in tuxes, but the majority of the guys just wore suits. The girls dressed up anywhere from cocktail dresses to prom dresses, and one girl even showed up in a leather jump suit! Totally fit the theme.












We went out to dinner at a nice Italian restaurant near Napa. Brett and I discovered that we like white wine. It isn't so bad.

We took a charter bus to the event site that was held over in San Francisco, it was a long drive, but it was neat to see the city going over the golden gate bridge. When we got to the gala, we were given free chips to gamble with. I didn't do any gambling, mostly because I don't know how to play any of the table games. I am more of a slots girl. But Brett did very well at the craps table. At the end of the night, he had the most money at the table and got his name taken down for a drawing. We haven't heard of any results yet. But he was pretty happy about winning so much money. Now he wants to go to Vegas.

We had a wonderful night of eating good kosher food, drinks, dancing, gambling, and hanging out with some good friends. It was a much needed get away.

Just in case you were wondering what we did with Chloe, we left her at the neighbors house. The kids really really like her. And I guess she did pretty well over there, no crying or fussing when she found out that I wasn't there. That made me happy.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Ok but no pictures of you in your neat dress? Sounds like a fun night, though. I would love an excuse to dress up all fancy and have fun like that! Ha- maybe we will hit a barn dance this spring, although I doubt it's formal-attire...

Mandapanda said...

That looked like a lot of fun! I'm so glad you were able to go and I bet it's a GREAT feeling that you were able to leave Chloe and know that she can do just fine for awhile hanging out with other fun people. Though mommy and daddy will always be her very favorites, of course!