Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Dream

So last night I had a dream that repeated twice.

I dreamt that my parents were down here visiting us. When it was time for them to leave, I was really relieved because now I could cook with baking powder, which has corn in it. I send my parents to the airport and immediately started cooking. I made soup with baking powder in it, cookies as well, and I believe I made spaghetti that had baking powder in it. So I had all of these wonderful baking powder dishes going and all of a sudden my dad reappears in the kitchen. This was odd because he was supposed to be back in Washington by this time. And then my mom came into the kitchen yelling at my dad. Apparently my dad missed Chloe so much that when the plane landed in Washington, he got into his car and drove back down to California to see her. My mom was upset because she had to follow him. Apparently they didn't come in the same car. Then all of a sudden I was outside my parents house picking veggies for dinner and my dad was asking me where Chloe was. I had 4 jars of various soups in my arms and I handed him the jar of ham and navy bean soup which I guess was supposed to be Chloe. My dad was Happy again now that he had his Chloe and wanted to eat dinner. But when I told him that everything had baking powder in it he didn't seem to mind because he had Chloe.

Then I woke up. What does this mean?

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I laughed the entire way through this post, Kris! Going mad with baking powder, eh? I can see you now, salt, pepper, baking powder...dancing and prancing around your kitchen because you are FREE to use corn products! Oh, the confinements of non-corn cooking! Ha! AND it cracks me up that dad DROVE back down to see you...the funny part being I could see MOM doing this...even though I bet dad would actually have the guts to get in the car and go, whereas mom would wait for dad to agree. AAAND I don't know about the whole baby being a soup thing, that part was strange (the rest was totally normal and believable-ha!) Thanks for sharing! A great way to start my morning!

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard I cried! The images are just too funny! And then there's Tracy's dream of your Dad and I bringing Ryan home with us from Iowa without her permission (this was pre-David). I don't know, maybe these dreams just mean you KNOW we miss you and our grandkids...and that corn-free cooking isn't all that easy! Just a thought...love you!

Sydney said...

Krissy, I started laughing every time I thought about your hilarious post today!
And I'm also picturing Chloe wondering, "WHY did my Mommy think of ham and navy bean soup when she was dreaming about ME? What does this suggest about the psychological depths of my mother's true opinion of me and my diapers? Does she think I resemble a can of soup, instead of being the cutest little girl in California? So why didn't she dream of the Beach Boys singing, 'California Girls,' instead of dreaming of...bean soup? Me and my Mommy are going to have a LONG TALK!"