Monday, October 29, 2007

Separation Anxiety

So with my parents here this weekend, they really helped out with Chloe. Especially my dad. The second night they were here, he had put her to bed. Normally when I put Chloe to bed it is in the co-sleeper right next to my bed. Actually it is attached to my bed. It has been like that since she was born. Always by my side. Well this night that my dad put her to bed, he placed her in HER CRIB in HER ROOM! not in the co-sleeper. But as all parents know, you never ever move a sleeping baby if you want to keep them sleeping. So, that night she slept in her room by herself away from me for the first time EVER. She did wonderful. She slept for a good 7 hours until she needed to eat again, and then I continued to put her back in the crib. I however did not get much sleep that night. I was waking up every hour to check on her. I had the video baby monitor on in the co-sleeper next to me, so I was able to look in on her without having to get out of bed. (best present ever)

So I survived the very first night without my baby at my side. Poor Brett.....not only was I waking up every hour, but I needed reassurance that she was ok. Hopefully tonight will go better. I think I am going to put her to sleep in the crib again.

1 comment:

Mandapanda said...

Hey Kris,
We had Joshua sleeping next to us, first in a laundry basket, and then in his little rocking chair (you could make it lay flat) for about 2 months...maybe more. He'd go to sleep in there and then end up in the bed for much of the night. His first nights in the crib were pretty nerve-wracking. I would wake up all the time thinking he was in the bed with me and that I was squishing him...I guess I did that when he slept in the bed/next to us also.
That's awesome that you have a video monitor! I hope you'll get some sleep soon as you get used to her sleeping in her crib.
Love you!