Monday, October 29, 2007

All domesticated now


Canning, bread making, and baby food preparing.

While my parents were down here, we went to the farmers market and purchased some green beans for canning. (Usually my dad would grow beans in their garden and my mom would can them for the following year's meals, but with mine and my sister's pregnancy and the chaos that came with us, the garden never happened. ) We got 5 bags worth of beans which gave us 24 pints and 24 half pints. YUMMY! We split the bounty and are both very happy that we got green beans for the year. Oh and this effort was mainly my mom's because it seemed like every 1/2 hour I needed to tend to Chloe for one reason or another. My dad did a great job occupying her, but when I was needed, I was needed!










As well as canning beans, my mom and I (again more my mom than I) made some more food for Chloe.



We cooked up the squash and froze them into little cubes to feed Chloe in a few months.


I also made a few loaves of bread for the week. They turned out really good. I love to make stuff at home and from scratch when possible. I have learned that while this is all fun and very rewarding, it is much easier to do when my mom is around. (otherwise a lot of this would not have gotten done) Thanks so much mom for coming down to help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to once again have canned green beans! Thanks for all your help with the canning - it's always more fun, and goes so much faster, with a canning buddy.
I just canned four pints of applesauce from the apples I bought at the market...it tastes wonderful. I so wish I had purchased more. Next year...LOTS more!