Saturday, October 13, 2007

Road Trip

So we began our road trip to California at 9:30 in the morning. Sorry we didn't get any photos of Washington or northern Oregon, but I just wasn't thinking that I needed to get pictures of places that I had seen many times in my life. Looking back, I think that I should have taken pictures of our ENTIRE trip. Oh well, maybe I will get them on our next road trip.


We started out down I-5 until we go to southern Oregon and detoured off to Bandon Oregon. Amazingly with baby on board, we only stopped 2 times. Once at a rest stop (More for Brett and myself) and the other was for food for all 3 of us. (Let me tell you, if you ever try to do a road trip with an infant, always bring along multiple clean bottles, a breast pump and wipes to clean it and a travel bottle. These items were life savers when it came to meeting Chloe's food demands and out time constraints.)



We got to our destination at around 6:00pm, just in time for dinner. There we stayed the night with Brett's God Parents Mike and Sharron. What wonderful people. We will be stopping by the next time we go through Oregon.




The next morning we headed off on our journey down Hwy 101 along the Oregon coast. If you ever have the chance to make the trip it is definitely worth it! Here are just some of the pictures that we took.
























Along Hwy 101 they have the Great Redwood Forest.





Here we stopped to see the drive through Tree. We did not attempt to go through it because we like my car the way it is, but we did witness a Honda going through...barely...


Our first family photo. Chloe was so happy to get out of her car seat for a period of time longer than it took to change her diaper. HAHAHA this is what she looked like when I took over driving. What a silly baby. She actually slept the majority of the time.

As we were entering the state of California, we saw a rainbow. It was so bright and gorgeous. And what a good omen as well. It made me feel better moving here. We also drove by and through many vineyards.



By the time we got home, it was too dark to see anything so this is where the photos end. We got in about 8pm and it was so nice to have everything already set up for us so we could just go to bed. It was a long two days on the road for us. It took us 9 hours the first day and about 8 hours the second. But the trip was beautiful and well worth it.


So we are now a California family...at least for the next 4 years, then who knows where else we will end up.

No comments: