Saturday, October 13, 2007

Farmers Market

Our first day here we decided to get up early and go to the farmers market. It is only about 7 blocks down from where we live so it was a nice walk for us especially after 2 days of being cooped up in a car. So of course I had to dress my daughter up in an adorable outfit. here are some pics. Oh and she doesn't really like to wear hats, but it is sunny here and I demand that she wear them. Plus I think that she is cute in them.

There was so much fresh produce there. We ended up getting Perfectly ripened strawberries, grapes, pommegranets, persimmons, broccoli, green beans, and tomatoes. All were deliceous. So I have only been to 2 farmers markets in my life before I experienced this market. The Pike Place Market and the Farmers market in Seattle in the U district. There you have to ask for certian amounts of the product that you want and they weigh it and hand it to you and you given them the money in return. Well here it is a little different. You pick the food and the amount that you want, put it into the bag yourself, and you have to fight the croud so that you can pay the vendor. I could have walked away with a lot of free food if I wanted to, but I am a nice person and waited my turn (sometimes up to 20 minutes). I have never had to fight to pay someone. It was a whold new experience. Oh and if you only want like 2 peppers and yhey are selling by the pound, then they will just give you the 2 for free. I have never seen that before.

Along with fruits and veggies there, they also have home grown honey (they even bring the bees to show you how fresh it really is), fresh baked bread, and hand made goodies. It is such a fun thing to do on Saturday mornings.

Since we drove to California in my car, we were limited with the space we had to bring items that we needed. One item that got left behind on accident was Chloe's bath tub. Not the worst in the world, but it did make life a little more interesting. I would "have to" take a bath in our clawfoot tub (it is very nice) and have Chloe join me. It worked out pretty well as long as Brett was there to hand her to me and take her when she was done with her bath. This also took up a lot of time. So when Chloe had her 2nd blow out diaper of the day I decided that she needed a bath, that a whipe down with baby wipes just won't do the trick. Well we didn't really want to do the elaborate bath time, and you aren't supposed to put the baby in the kitchen sink because of food bacteria, and our bathroom sink is way way too small....we needed to improvize. So we did the next best thing....My largest mixing bowl in the kitchen sink. Hey it works when you need to clean a kid in a flash. Hopefully we won't need to do this too many more times. (We are waiting for my parents to bring down her bath tub)

Here are some floor time photos.

and here is Chloe grabbing my hair and threatening to pull it out if I take any more pictures of her. Oh how I love my baby!

3 comments:

Mom J said...

What a wonderful cronicle of your life with Chloe so far - especially the adorable pictures! How fun it will be to watch her grow, and see all the great adventures your family has in California. With so much love to you all,
Mom & Dad J

Anonymous said...

i love love LOVE the fact you have a blog site now and will update it for all of us back home :) your pictures of you and the baby are so cute!!! ill probably call you this weekend, ive been so busy with school and stuff. i hope all is well and i cant wait until december when you guys all get home :) (but until then, ill be happy reading your blog hehe)

Tifani said...

Great stories and photos, Krissy! Chloe is such a cute little chunky baby! I just want to pinch her cheeks. Hope you guys are well in California! Sure looks like you had a beautiful drive.