Monday, October 22, 2007

Apparently I know my baby

On the phone with my sister:

me: "Ok so I have 2 warm outfits, 2 pj's, 3 dresses, 2 back up outfits, 2 onesies and some pants."

Tracy: "Wow that should be enough. What I do for David is put him in one outfit like a t-shirt and overalls and if it gets too cold, I just put a blanket over him."

me: "Yeah that is great if you have a boy, I have a girl. You need to have all the frilly outfits and if one gets dirty then you have to change her into another cute and frilly outfit. I mean with boys you have a t-shirt and pants of some kind and some socks. With girls you have the onesie, the dress, socks, tights, shoes, the pantaloons to the dress and the matching hat. THEY ALL MUST GO!"

Tracy: "(laughing) ok well I guess you need to pack a lot of stuff."

me: "Ok so I have 8 diapers a day and 6 extra" (...8 x 3 + 6 = 30) "That should be enough right?"

Tracy: "Well that should be more than enough. I don't ever remember changing Davids diaper 8 times a day except for when he was first born. If you go through that many diapers, you should come home because she would be sick!"

me: " Yeah but I know her and I am afraid that this might not be enough."

Tracy: "Then you can always buy some from the store!"

me: "Yeah I guess you are right"


Well we left our home with 30 diapers for 2 1/2 days and we came home with only 7! So see Tracy, I did need all of those diapers. Oh and we ended up having to do laundry at his Grandma's house as well because she went through 3 outfits a day. (and no it wasn't like the Oscars where you change the outfit for each occasion.)

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Hi Kristina -- You DO know your baby! From the first time I met her, it was obvious that Chloe has clear fashion choices. If something...unfortunate...were to happen to part of her outfit, how could she possibly be a happy baby until she and Mom had done a Complete Fashion Makeover for her?
Your blogged conversations with Tracy just crack me up. Your, Tracy's and Amanda's blogs are such a gift to those of us who wish you all lived just down the street from us. Then we could watch these beautiful and handsome babies and toddler grow and change every day. Thank you for giving us the next best thing -- complete with adorable photos.
With much love,
Aunt Sydney