Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Texas and Washington

A few weeks back, Brett went down to Dallas Texas for Convocation. It is a huge conference that is put on by the D.O.'s all over the country. There, the students go to lectures to learn new and exciting things about the specialties of D.O. practices.


Brett learned some new manipulation techniques and was updated on current medical issues. BUT I think the real reason they have this convocation is so that everyone can get together and have fun. It was really good for Brett to go. He made a lot of contacts with other D.O's that already have practices set up. He and the group of friends he went with were taken out every night by Touro Alumni to various upscale bars and night clubs like the Ghost bar at the "W" hotel. Everything was paid for by these doctors, so that was a relief to me when I heard about Brett's nightly events.


But enough about Brett.


Since he left me and went to Texas for a few days, I decided to go up to Washington and see some family. I was trying to make it a relaxing time for Chloe and more importantly, myself, so I didn't really tell anybody that I was coming, and it was also last minute that I decided to go.


But I was barely able to relax. It all started with the flight being delayed 2 hours, so instead of getting in around 9pm, I got in about 11:30pm. I was in the airport for a good 5 hours with just me and my baby. While I was in Washington, I had a doctors appointment, my mom and I went shopping, we had dinner with my parent's friends, my mom and I got much needed massages, did some more shopping, stopped by my father in law's work and surprised him with a visit, saw one of my friends and hung out with her on her birthday, went to my friend's daughter's 4Th birthday party, ate some good food, had to deal with the DMV and getting my tabs renewed while the car was in California, went over to my in-laws house for a few hours so they could play with Chloe,and I am pretty sure there were a few more things that I did while I was there.


Chloe also decided that she didn't want to sleep in the big scary different crib while we were at my parents house. So every night I had her in bed with me, which meant that I barely slept. She kept rolling over towards me and by morning, I was in a weird twisted position on the edge of the bed trying not to roll onto her and trying not to roll off the bed. And yes I did keep pushing her back onto her side of the bed.


All in all, it was a wonderful trip for the both of us. Brett went to a nice and warm sunny state of Texas, and I went to the snowy state of Washington. Oh and I forgot to take many pictures while I was in Washington, and Brett didn't have a camera. So here are the few pictures I ended up with. I hope you enjoy them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is the last picture of Chloe packing for her next trip? hehe
You may not have gotten many pictures, but these are sure cute!