Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Six flags with friends

There is a six flags amusement park in this town that we live in. It is the Discovery Kingdom one. After 2 years of living 15 minutes away, we finally made the trek to the park. It is a great place to take the kids, even the small ones. I don't really like doing roller coasters so I didn't mind not doing the big kid rides.


There is so much to do with the little ones. They have many animals to look at, shows to watch, little rides for the kids under the age of 6ish and a climbing, park, water play area.


I wish we weren't leaving so soon. I would have gotten an annual pass to here.

Chloe loved the rides. She didn't want to get off. They have this Thomas Land area that has the Thomas train, Harold the helicopter, and I forget what the bus' name was, but they have it there too. Oh and if you go at the right time, you will get to meet Sir Topham Hat!




The train is part of the safari area where they also have a tree frog ride that jumps up and down. I even had fun on that one.


We looked at all the animals including elephants, giraffes, whales, tigers, sharks and many more. Some even had their own shows. Unfortunately none of my friends though that their kids could sit through a show, so we never got to see one.




This is the area that the giraffes are kept. You can see 2 of the 4 that they have here. At various times you can feed them for $5. It is our friend Caleb's favorite thing to do here.


Looking at these pictures now I realize that I should have taken more of them. I guess I just liked taking pictures of the kids, not the theme park. Hopefully we will be back another day. Then I will take more.

1 comment:

Mom J said...

What a fun place! I had no idea there were so many things for little ones to do. I've only seen the roller coasters! Glad you had a chance to experience it with Chloe before you left.