Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Baby shower

My good friend Annie is expecting her little girl in the first part of June. Her son Dax is one of Chloe's best friends. We even joke that they are boyfriend / girlfriend.

Side note:


They both hug and kiss each other when they are around one another, and when they are apart, they are asking for the other one almost constantly. If we watched Dax for Annie and Colin in the evening, Chloe would tuck Dax into bed at night giving him kisses on the forehead and rubbing his head until she though he was asleep. Dax would wake up in the morning asking for Chloe. they are so cute together.



Ok back to the shower.


Since Annie, Dax and her husband are such a big part of my life right now, I really wanted to throw Annie a baby shower. At first it was just going to be a small get together of just us friends. Nothing big, just an "I'm thinking of you" party. Well her mom got word that I was going to do the party and soon enough it got much bigger. Her entire family was invited as well as long time friends. Even though this was now a bigger party with more to do, I really enjoyed it because I knew that it would mean a lot to Annie.


Since she was decorating the nursery in a lady bug theme, I decided to make the shower lady bug themed as well. My sister helped me come up with the "title". I called it the "Lady bug picnic".


And the ideas kept flying in my direction. I loved being in Iowa when trying to come up with ideas for the party. My mom and sis had some great ones. Oh and by the way, if you are planning on doing a ladybug theme, good luck with finding pre made items. I don't think they exist except for online.


So for the party I made lady bug candy on sticks for the kids to eat, and us moms as well.




I made the cake with some idea help from Brett








the flower arrangements for the tables





the drinking glasses, which were canning jars with shelving paper for the labels and raffia around the top for some flare.



cup cakes that looked like flowers (sorry the pictures are sideways)







and I made Annie, or Zoe really, a personalized quilt with help from the guests at the shower.


IF you want to see it close up, just click on the pictures. Oh and this was my first time ever making a quilt. I think it turned out ok.


This is the back of the quilt



my personal square. Thanks mom for the help! And sorry again for the sideways pic.



The front of the quilt




I was up late a few nights before the party just getting everything perfect and ready. It was worth it. Everybody had a great time and I got tons of compliments on the party.









Update:

Annie had Zoe 12 days after we moved. She is 7 lbs 11 oz and 20 inches long. We can't wait to meet her.

2 comments:

Mom J said...

Krissy, you did an amazing job on this shower! The cake, candies, decorations, quilt - everything was beautiful, and done in a very professional way. You really should consider cakes and/or party planning as a career. As always, I'm in awe of your skills. Love you!

Kaeli said...

Kris your crafty skills are awesome and you are such a great friend to help your friend out with this shower. I am very impressed. If I ever have a kid, I'll know who to call on :)