Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!

This year we spent the evening with Brett's friends down in Seattle. We started the night at Dan's house, went to an Irish pub and ended the night at the space needle.

























I had always imagined that it would be extremely crowded at the needle because when I was growing up I would watch the news broadcast at the needle and it would be packed with people and my parents would make comments about the traffic and how scary it might be down there.



























So I had my reservations about going, but I went along with the group as usual. It was raining, cold, but surprisingly not crowded. They blocked off the entire center around the needle for the fire line, so we got to stand on a side street next to the EMP building. We got there maybe five minutes before the show and had enough time to find a decent spot, take some pictures and pour the champagne.















It was nice to see the fireworks up close, but I think that next year I will go somewhere where it is warm, dry and I can watch the fire works on TV. Where we were at there was no music so it didn't seem like such a great show to me. Oh well, better luck next year.






















Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Aw, sweet pictures of you and Brett! I always thought that the space needle would have been PACKED too. Braving the crazy city...I'm glad you guys were safe! I love you! Yay for date nights!