Friday, January 9, 2009

Conversation with my nephew

ring * ring * ring *

Ryan : "Hello?"
Me: "Hi is this Ryan?"
R: "yah"
M: "HI Ryan, this is your Aunt Krissy"
R: "Hi Aunt Krissy, can I talk to Grandpa?"
M: "Oh I'm sorry honey, grandpa is in Washington."
R: "oh"
M: "Can I talk to your mommy?"
R: "um hold on..."
M: "What are you (as in he and his mom) doing?"
R: "Moppin!" (he is really excited about this)
M: "Really? That's awesome!" "What else have you done today?"
R: "mmmmm"
M: "Have you played with the rabbits yet?"
R: "YEAH! They're outside though. The snow is meltin."
M: "Oh really? is it almost gone?"
R: "yeah, no snowman..it's meltin"
M: "You built a snow man?"
R: "NO, the snow is meltin!"
M: "oh I see. I tried to build one with Chloe but she didn't like being out in the snow."
R: "Why not?"
M: "I think that she was too cold and she just didn't like it"
R: "oh ok."
Tracy in background "Tell aunt Krissy I will call her back"
R: "mom says she will call you later"
M: "Ok Ryan I love you, Bye!"
R: "I love you aunt Krissy....umm can I talk to Brett?"
M: "Sure! hold on let me get him"

They have their own conversation for a few minutes.
then I get the phone back

M: "Ok Ryan I love you and I will talk to you later." "you can hang up the phone now."
R: "Ok love you too, bye!"

Oh how I love talking to Ryan now. He is such a conversationalist.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

He is getting so old...thanks for being a great aunt and talking to him...almost like magic how they grw, isn't?

Sydney said...

Krissy,
I can just hear you and Ryan chatting away! He is such a crack-up and will be sharing many more thoughts and adventures in the coming years. Having a cool aunt he can also confide in will be wonderful for him. Seeing you, Chloe and your mom for lunch made me so happy! Every time Chloe did her famous smile, my heart melted -- and when she grinned, magic! Thank you for such a wonderful visit.
I love you so much.
Aunt Sydney