Monday, July 14, 2008

Visitors

Two days after we got back from visiting my sister and her family out in Iowa, my parents came down to visit us. They were able to stay for an entire week. I loved it. I got to spend 2 weeks with my sister and then a week with my parents. They were much needed visits.

While they were here we had a lot of down time. Just spending time together with no major rush to go places or to get things done was really nice. Plus the fact that we had a major heat wave while they were here made us not really want to do much stuff.

We did take them to the Jelly Belly Factory so my dad could check it out. The rest of us have already been there. It really is neat to see how the plant runs. Plus you get free Jelly Bellies!


Another trip that we took them on was a trip to the beach. I love the beaches down here in California. They actually ship sand in so that you are not stepping on any rocks, wood, or well anything but sand. That is unheard of in Washington.









Chloe really loved the beach. She liked to play in the sand as well as eat it occasionally.












Chloe also started to play peek-a-boo with my mom using a sand sifter. It was the cutest thing ever.


My dad was able to get in somewhat of a nap while we were at the beach, but Chloe didn't let him sleep for too long. She wanted to play.













The week went by too fast, but I enjoyed every moment of it. Can't wait to see them again. Sorry I didn't get more pictures than these, but you know how it goes. You are living the moments not photographing them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our visit was the perfect combination of down time and activity. I especially liked touring around the area (beach, park, Trader Joe's, etc.) to get to know the places you talk about visiting. Love you all and miss you lots!