Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Sick

So my poor baby has been sick for about 5 weeks now. She first got sick when I started watching Cadence full time. She was getting better until Kaeli came down for her visit. She got sick again and it was worse. More coughing, almost croupy sounding at times, and then she got a little better. I lowered the bed back down so it was no longer at an angle, I put away the humidifier, and I thought I could put that stinking nose sucker away. Then my mom came down and she got sick again! As well as my mom, Roberta and myself. Who knows who gave it away this time.

So today I took Chloe to the doctors for her booster flu shot. Come to find out that she has an ear infection in at least one of her ears, the other had too much wax in it to tell. Her lungs sounded clear though, so all the flemmy cough noises are coming from her nose. Now she is on antibiotics for 10 days and hopefully it will clear everything up.

Throughout her entire 5 weeks of being sick, you wouldn't have even noticed except for the cough and continually runny nose. She is such a happy baby. I am so fortunate to have such a good baby. She has an ear infection, not just red ears, but she has yellow puss in them! She never cried or really ever pulled at them. Poor thing.

So now I am sick with a really bad sore throat, feeling like I am swallowing a mixture of rocks and glass, head congestion and a cough. All I want to do is sleep all day and eat soft foods. Better yet, have my mom take care of me like she used to. But I am a mom of my own now with a sick baby and another baby that I take care of full time. So I get to suck it up, eat whatever food I can force down my throat, get my usual 3 - 4 hour naps in between feedings and nose cleanings and try and not go crazy with two little ones wanting to be held all day long because they are not feeling well as well.

Brett is doing an amazing job helping take care of us. He runs to the store to fill the prescription after a long day at school, and goes back to the store to get the cough drops that he forgot to get while he was getting the prescription. He is putting his studying off until really late at night so he can help with the kids. Then when Cadence leaves, he takes over with making dinner or occupying Chloe while I cook. Usually it is the later of the two. I am so grateful to have him.

I hope we will all be feeling well very soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Krissy, you have done a great job teaching Miss Chloe to be the perfect hostess. ;) She was a happy, friendly, grinning baby the whole visit, even though we knew she didn't feel well. You were also amazing, running on very little sleep but not showing it. Thank you for a most wonderful visit - it was a great mix of baby-holding, relaxation and fun. I miss you all already...come visit soon!