Thursday, February 14, 2008

Kaeli's visit

So over this past weekend, my long time friend Kaeli came to visit us. She was here for a wonderful 5 days. I am sad that she is gone, but realize that she needed to get back to her own life.











On Friday while she was here, we went to the Jelly Belly factory and took a tour, sampled free jelly beans, bought too much candy, and had lots of fun! There were so many things to look at, I took tons of pictures, but I can't put them all up, you will just have to come out and visit us/it yourselves to see the whole thing.





We also took a tour of the Budweizer factory that is accross the street from the Jelly Belly factory. The tour was not that great, but they did give you two free drinks. Anything that the company makes.






On Saturday, we left Brett and Chloe behind while Kaeli and I took off to San Francisco for the day. It was so much fun. We started down at Fisherman's Wharf and ate a really good lunch, bought mini donuts, salt water taffy, and some souviners.






Then we took off on a walk towards the Golden Gate Bridge, and about 1/3 of the way there realized that it would take us a good hour before we got there let alone crossing it and returning. So we scratched that idea and walked to Ghirardelli Square and ate some really yummy ice cream sundaes.


After that, we headed out to the Hate Ashburry district to do some shopping. Kaeli found some really good buys and presents for people. In one of the stores, I found a pink leather Prada purse that they were selling for $25, and in another store I found a Dooney & Bourke purse for $25 as well. I should have bought them and I have been having dreams about going back and getting them. Oh well. I don't really need more purses anyways nor do I need to be spending the money!


Sunday was such a gorgeous day, well they all were actually, but anyways....on Sunday Kaeli, Chloe and I headed up to Sonoma for some wine tasting. $5 bought you tastings of 5 different wines. I am finding out that I like white wine and don't really care for red wine. We had a good lunch at an Irish pub, ate yummy ice cream (Chloe LOVED the stuff!) and had lots of wine to drink. Don't worry, I was sober before I drove home. Sonoma is such a beautiful and relaxing town. I would love to spend all of my time up there.
This cow is made out of wine corks. Monday came and we had to take Kaeli to the airport. She is already planning her next trip down here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears that Chloe really enjoys three of the major food groups - jelly bellys, beer and ice cream! Just kidding...though she truly does look like she's in love the cold, creamy, delicious ice cream. Must run in the family!

Anonymous said...

dude. seriously. i got approved for that credit card today so i want to plan my next trip! i think i gained like five pounds from all the sugar and the booze but man did i have a good time. i miss you all, especially my bff!! <3