Friday, May 2, 2008

Spring Break part one

This year for Spring Break we headed to Washington. We left our home in California with its 85 degree weather and its ever lasting sunny days and headed to the wonderful spring weather of Washington. While we were there we got snow, hail, rain, sun, and anything the sky wanted to give us on our trip.

So Brett and I are crazy, I will admit to that. We drove 13 hours strait with our baby in the car stopping only 3 times for gas and bathroom breaks. We challenged ourselves to see how long we could go without stopping. Chloe did great in the car. We left late enough in the day that she basically slept the whole trip. Even though she did great on both legs of the journey, I don't think that we will be driving up anytime in the near future.

While we were in Washington, we met our newest (8 month old) nephew David. Let me tell you , the few, and I mean very few photos my sister has put up of him on her blog do not do that boy justice. He is the cutest baby ever!!! I love his little smile. He can light up the room with his big two toothy grin. And Ryan was such a little joy to be around. He is getting so big and so "human like" now. No longer is he that little toddler that I know from way back when. It was such a blast to see him.

I tried really hard to get lots of pictures while we were in Washington, but I failed. I was enjoying the moments too much to run and get my camera out. So sorry, if we saw you and don't have a picture of our visit up there, it was because I was enjoying our visit too much to remember to get a picture of us together. So next time remind me to take some photos.

I really liked seeing how much Chloe and David looked like each other. They seemed to be the same height, weight and oh so cute. He has no hair while Chloe has some. They both have the 2 lower teeth and were both working on getting the upper ones in at the same time. (by the way, Chloe beat David. Her top tooth came in today) They had such a blast playing with each other as well.









Since it is getting late and my baby is asleep ...I should be sleeping too...I will just post these pictures below and hope that you enjoy them . I will write more about my trip another time.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Aw, we loved seeing you guys too! Thanks for posting the pictures- Dad's memory card is on the way to your house so you can see so many more and steal what you would like. I will post some too...I love you and your squishy little baby girl!

Anonymous said...

cute pics!! glad your whole family could be together and you were able to get time in with your new nephew. i wanna come down soon, ill have to figure out when i can get off and when school is. miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting so many pictures from your visit. Although I've got most of them, too, I can pull up your blog and see everyone in one place, quick and easy. It was beyond wonderful having you all here. Love you!

Mandapanda said...

I'm so glad we got to see you - I'm looking forward to part two of Spring Break...hint hint :c) I know I haven't posted on my blog in awhile, so I shouldn't make you feel guilty...but hey a good dose of guilt on a blog really translates to "I miss hearing about your life...and I'm hoping that Joshy might make it into some of the pictures from Part Two!!"