Monday, May 19, 2008

Extra time


So when you drink a bunch of coffee in the late afternoon, it tends to keep you up fairly late. I have never really had this problem until tonight. It might be that I am staying up with Brett while he studies for his tests that start tomorrow. He is testing all week long. The one nice thing about that is....This is his last block for the year. He is done with his first year of medical school as of this Friday! We will have the entire summer together to take trips, vacations, and just have him be a true part of the family now, not the guy in the other room studying.


Anyways, since I am up, I decided to update you on what has been going on. I am mostly doing this with pictures, just because I love to look at them. Truly not a lot has been going on. Every week I go to the park, on a walk, swimming of some sort, and have picnic lunches with the mom's group and my neighbor. I have been keeping pretty busy with all of that.


This is my last week watching Cadence full time...or at all really. Her mom is done with school on Friday as well so she will finally be able to spend some good quality time with her baby for pretty much the first time in Cadence's life. Scary! And I say that because Cadence is so active now. She is walking like a pro, getting into everything, climbing on couches and falling off of them. She never stops moving. Even though she is so active, she is a doll to be around. I will miss seeing her daily.


Oh my gosh I haven't updated you on Chloe and her bedtime drama. The other week, Chloe was waking up every 30 minutes. I was getting frustrated with it and had had enough of it. So after the 3rd time of her waking up in the night (it was 10 pm) I just let her cry. She cried for about 45 minutes and finally put herself back to sleep. She didn't wake up until 7:30 when I went in to get her. And that was that. She has been sleeping through the night ever since. I guess it was just time for the both of us that she sleep through the night. Now we have to work on nap time. Here is a picture of Chloe during her "nap time". It is safe to say that she did not go down for this nap. But later on that day, both her and Cadence took 3 hour naps. It was great!




So I am going to try and go to bed now. Wish me luck and enjoy the pictures.








2 comments:

Sydney said...

Kristina, the photos of Cover Girl Chloe are adorable! Her smile manages to be angelic and mischievous at the same time. Look out, world!
Getting to spend time with you, Brett and Chloe, and Tracy, Ryan and David while you were in Marysville was a real gift. Thank you for being willing to hang out with your gray-haired aunt, who loves you all dearly.
So much love,
Aunt Sydney

Mandapanda said...

Kris, Chloe just gets more and more adorable, and I can't wait for MORE pictures!! The framed picture of her (back when she was a baby, of course...) is on our bookshelf and a funny thing happened a couple days ago. I moved it down a shelf when I was cleaning up the bookshelf and the next time Joshua came into the living room, he immediately went right over to the bookshelf and tried so hard to pull her picture down. When he couldn't quite get it, he was very irritated with me until I got it down for him. He just looked and looked at her picture and carried it around a bit...he's done it several times since. He misses his cousin Chloe! We can't wait to see you all again, and for our little ones to really be able to play together as they get older. Love you!